Sunday 11 January 2009

Kyle's Birthday Card

A friend of mine has a little boy who turned 5 on New Year's Eve. I made this card which was completely new for me. It represents a car number plate (which he recognised immediately and loved) using the letters of his name and his age.

I bought some letter stencils a while back and hadn't really had the opportunity to use them (althought the ideas were floating around in my head). This seemed like the perfect time and created a great birthday card for a boy. I drew the letters onto white card and painted them black, the background yellow. I also drew and painted another set of letters which I cut out and stuck over the top of the base so they stand out in 3D.



4 comments:

Ruth (ooffee) said...

I remember you showing me those stencils - glad to see you've used them. Bet he loved it and wants to keep it!! xx

Sarah C said...

What a great idea. Might just 'borrow' that if that's ok xoxo

Louly said...

What a great idea! I bet he loved it. I love your other card too - it's so pretty. I can't find a comment link for it though. xx

MAAZ said...

I recommend using an Aura Camera, which is specifically designed for displaying aura and printing aura photos via a computer interface